Planning your honeymoon in India? Where do you suppose you’d go? Well if you are trying to get away from the crowd then we suggest you go to the Northeast to enjoy your honeymoon. Blessed with breathtaking beauty, scenic landscape, and cultural diversity, North East India is among the best places to visit for newlyweds. There is no dearth of unique experiences and tourist destinations in North East India, which offer cherishable memories to the couples.
The sweet moon that is also a once-in-a-lifetime event for a beautiful beginning could be all the sweeter should you decide on Northeast India as your honeymoon destination. Here are some of the best tourist destinations to visit in the Northeast for honeymooners.
Along with verdant tree gardens, Darjeeling is blessed with natural beauty. The panoramic views of the World’s third highest peak, Mt Kanchenjunga, also attract tourists from far-flung regions. Apart from this, the travel destination is also dotted with botanical gardens and monasteries.
Do not miss to enjoy the ride on the cable car ride of Darjeeling, which is acclaimed as Asia’s longest cable car. Thus, Darjeeling also proves to be a paradise for nature lovers as they can enjoy nature walks and explore beautiful tea estates, markets, and villages.
- Best Time To Visit: September – June
- Weather: Summer 19°C to 37°C; Winter -2°C to 24°C
- Attractions: Kanchenjunga, Toy Train, Tiger Hill, Tea Garden, Ghoom Monastery, Mirik Lake
The capital city of Sikkim State, Gangtok, is one of the most picturesque destinations in Northeast India. Apart from various tourist attractions, the panoramic views of the mountain ranges win the heart of the visitors.
The list of major attractions includes the Directorate of Handicrafts & Handlooms, Enchey Monastery, Chorten, Rumtek Monastery, Orchid Sanctuary, Research Institute of Tibetology, Hanuman Tok, Ganesh Tok, and Tashi View Point.
- Best Time To Visit: September – June
- Weather: Summer 10°C to 28°C; Winter -5°C to 16°C
- Attractions: Kanchendzonga National Park, Nathula Pass, Ganesh Tok, Cable car ride, Baba Harbhajan Singh Temple, Banjhakri Falls, Tashi View Point
Situated at an altitude of 10,000 ft in Arunachal Pradesh, Tawang is popular as a world-renowned and India’s largest 400-year-old Monastery. Founded by a contemporary of the 5th Dalai Lama, Mira Lama, Tawang is also acclaimed as the birthplace of the 6th Dalai Lama.
‘Galden Namgyal Lhatse’ is the other popular name for the Tawang Monastery. Here, the visitors can see the collection of Thangkas, which are the Tibetan paintings on cloth, the historical Buddha in the prayer hall, and a large gilded statue of Sakyamuni. The travel destination also pleases the guests with its pleasant climatic conditions.
- Best Time To Visit: March – October
- Weather: Summer 5°C to 22°C; Winter -13°C to 10°C
- Attractions: Sela pass, Nuranang Waterfalls, War Memorial, Rafting, Pangateng Tso Lake
Book Now Twang Tour Packages To Visit 400-Year-Old Monastery
After Gangtok, Pelling is the other flourishing tourist destination in Northeast India. The breathtaking views of Mount Khangchendzonga attract nature lovers and honeymooners. Pemayangtse Monastery is one of the must-visit attractions and thus, is just a kilometer away.
Additionally, a 40-minute uphill walk, opposite the monastery heads to the popular Sanga Choling monastery, which is said to be the first in the state and was constructed in 1697. Thick forests and undulating mountain ranges around the ‘Wishing Lake’ also attract tourists from far-flung regions. Visitors can also indulge in small treks and nature walks.
- Best Time To Visit: September – May
- Weather: Summer 8°C to 28°C, Winter -5°C to 16°C
- Attractions: Changey Waterfall, Khangchendzonga Waterfalls, Khecheopalri Lake, Singshore Bridge, Darap Village, Rimbi Waterfall & Hydro Project, Sanga Choeling Monastery
Nestled at an elevation of 9610 ft, Lachung is one of the most serene mountain villages in the Northeastern regions of India. The snow-capped mountain peaks surrounded the village and are divided into two parts by the river Lachung Chu. Visitors can make their visit a memorable experiment by exploring the village and witnessing breathtaking waterfalls, sparkling streams, and plenty of apples, apricots, and peaches.
Do not miss to visit the Lachung Gompa, which is said to be constructed around 1880. Also, satisfy your shopping spree by visiting Handicraft Centre and buying woven blankets and rugs as souvenirs.
- Best Time To Visit: October – June
- Weather: Summer 10°C to 28°C, Winter -5°C to 16°C
- Attractions: Chungthang, Lachung Monastery, Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary, Mt. Katao
Now, you have the list of famous romantic getaways in North East India that you can add to your honeymoon itinerary and make your trip memorable. You can book your North East India honeymoon tour with us and embark on an amazing trip with us. Also, share the most cherishable experiences with us!