Rajasthan is about massive hill forts, gleaming palaces, marvelous temples & religious places, museums, art galleries, and vibrant bazaars. The cultural assortment and the decadence of a bygone era of Rajasthan when it was Rajputana, ruled by several warrior princes, are best witnessed and re-lived by visiting the best places to visit in Rajasthan.
Are you planning a Rajasthan holiday? Here's a list of the best tourist places in Rajasthan to visit in 2023.
1. Jaipur - The Pink City
The best tourist place in Rajasthan, heritage city Jaipur is home to the beautiful Amber Fort, City Palace, and many other tourist attractions. The best tourist places in Jaipur also include cultural hubs and colorful markets in the city, such as Chokhi Dhani, Bapu Bazar, etc. The capital of Rajasthan is also ideal for a weekend trip from Delhi.
- How to Reach Jaipur - Jaipur international airport, Jaipur railway junction, and well-maintained roads conveniently connect Jaipur to all the major cities in India and abroad.
- Best Time to Visit Jaipur - The winter season, from October to March, is the best time to visit because the climate is pleasant.
2. Jodhpur - The Blue City
Due to its sunny weather, the city is known as ‘Sun City’, and the blue houses named Jodhpur as ‘Blue City’. The historical forts and authentic cuisine make it also one of the best places to go in Rajasthan. Visit the Mehrangarh Fort and other places, and know about the best things to do in Jodhpur.
- How to reach Jodhpur - With its domestic airport and railway junction, Jodhpur is well connected to all major cities in India. Also, well-maintained roads connect Jodhpur to the neighboring cities by bus and car.
- Best Time to Visit Jodhpur - The winter season, from October to March, is the best time to visit from October to March because the climate is pleasant then.
3. Udaipur -The city of lakes
Unarguably one of the most beautiful places in Rajasthan, Udaipur is home to the famous Lake Pichola. Enjoy boating, shopping, and sightseeing during a romantic holiday in Udaipur. City Palace, Jag Mandir, Monsoon Palace, etc., are the prime attractions in Udaipur.
- How to reach Udaipur - You can reach Udaipur from other cities in India by all the three travel modes air, rail, and road. The city has its airport and railway station, and the well-maintained roads connecting Udaipur to the neighboring cities.
- Best Time to Visit Udaipur - The winter season, from September to March, is the best time to visit Udaipur because the climate is pleasant.
4. Jaisalmer - The Golden City
Sand dunes, ancient forts, and lively culture make Jaisalmer one of the top tourist cities in Rajasthan and one of the best winter destinations in India. While desert safari in Jaisalmer is the prime tourist attraction, visiting the forts and palaces should be included in the list of things to do in Jaisalmer.
- How to reach Jaisalmer - Direct trains reach Jaisalmer from other cities in India. Nearby cities are connected by a well-maintained network of roads. The nearest airport is at Jodhpur which is located 300 km from Jaisalmer.
- Best Time to Visit Jaisalmer - October to March is the best time to plan a Jaisalmer trip because of the pleasant weather.
5. Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary - Bird Watcher's Paradise
Also known as Keoladeo National Park, it is the largest Bird Reserve in India and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The national park is ideal for bird watching and jungle safari during a family vacation in Rajasthan.
- How to reach Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary -The nearest airport to the Sanctuary is Agra, located 54 km away. However, the Bharatpur railway junction is the most convenient way to reach the place. Bharatpur is also well connected by road with neighboring cities.
- Best Time to Visit Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary - Plan a trip to this bird sanctuary from October to March in the winter season. The weather is pleasant, and you can enjoy bird sightings comfortably.
6. Ajmer - The shrine of Sufi saint Moinuddin Chishti
Popular for the Dargah Sharif, Ajmer is one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan. Qawwali at Dargah Sharif, Ana Sagar Lake, and Nag Pathar mountain range that separates Ajmer from the Thar Desert is among the best tourist attractions of Ajmer.
- How to Reach Ajmer - Sanganer Airport in Jaipur is the nearest airport from Ajmer, located 135 km away. In addition, the place is well connected by road and rail with other cities in India.
- Best Time to Visit Ajmer - Visit Ajmer city between July and September due to low temperatures.
7. Pushkar- The sacred city of Rajasthan
Among the top Rajasthan tourist locations, Pushkar city is known for the world-famous Pushkar Camel Fair. Boating in Pushkar Lake, camel fair, and Brahma temple are the prime tourist attractions in Pushkar. In addition, Pushkar is one of India's oldest and most famous Hindu pilgrimages.
- How to reach Pushkar - The nearest airport to Pushkar is in Jaipur, located 135 km away. You can also reach Pushkar by rail. The nearest railway station is at Ajmer, which is only 11 km away from Pushkar.
- Best Time to Visit Pushkar - The winter season, from October to March, is the best time to visit because the climate is pleasant.
8. Ranthambore National Park - Home to the Royal Bengal Tigers
A major tourist destination in Rajasthan, Ranthambore National Park is famous for tiger safari and wildlife photography. From November to March, the best time to enjoy the jungle and jeep safari in Ranthambore National Park.
- How to reach Ranthambore National Park - The nearest railway station is Sawai Madhopur, 13 km from Ranthambore. The nearest airport is Jaipur International Airport. You can reach Ranthambore by road from Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, Jodhpur, Kota, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Ajmer, etc.
- Best Time to Visit Ranthambore Park - The winter season, from October to March, is the best time to visit Ranthambore because the climate is pleasant.
9. Sariska Tiger Reserve - Home to the Aravali wildlife
Sariska National Park is one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan with family, which is home to tigers, leopards, crocodiles, etc. Monsoon is the best time to visit Sariska Tiger Reserve when you can spot the royal species in a playful mood. Sariska is also ideal for a weekend trip from Delhi.
- How to reach Sariska Tiger Reserve - Alwar is the nearest railway station, 35 km from Sariska. The nearest airport to Sariska is Jaipur Airport, located at a distance of 180 km. There is also proper road connectivity available to reach Sariska.
- Best Time to Visit Sariska Tiger Reserve - Visit Sariska Tiger Reserve between October and March to spot flora and fauna.
A famous Rajasthan trip place, Mandawa is a part of the Shekhawati region and also home to incredible forts and palaces. Murmuria Haveli is regarded as one of the most beautiful palaces in Rajasthan.
- How to reach Mandawa - You can reach Mandawa from Jaipur, Bikaner, and Udaipur by road. The nearest airport is Jaipur International Airport, located at a distance of 168 km, and the nearest railway station is Jhunjhunu rail station.
- Best Time to Visit Mandawa - The winter season, from October to March, is the best time to visit Mandawa because the climate is pleasant then.
11. Mount Abu - Hill station of Rajasthan
This is the only hill station in Rajasthan surrounded by the Aravali range, making it a popular Rajasthan tourist spot. Travelers get relief from the scorching heat of Rajasthan amid the splendor nature of Mount Abu. Dilwara Jain Temples, Nakki Lake, Peace Park, Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary, etc., are the major tourist attractions in Mount Abu.
- How to reach Mount Abu - Frequent state-run and private buses offer scenic journeys to Mount Abu from other cities in Rajasthan. Abu railway station at 28 km is the nearest railway station, while the nearest airport to Mount Abu is in Udaipur.
- Best Time to Visit Mount Abu - Visit Mount Abu between October and March as the weather is pleasant, and you can indulge in activities like hiking, boating, and sightseeing.
12. Shekhawati - The land of fairy tale
Stunning havelis and royal mansions make the place a wanderer's paradise. Every beautiful palace has a legendary story to tell you. Art, mythology, and wildlife are the prime attractions in Shekhawati. Visit Lachhmangarh Fort, Badalgarh Fort, Chirawa, Harsh Nath Temple, Mandawa, etc., during your trip to Shekhawati.
- How to reach Shekhawati - Reaching Shekhawati is easiest from Jaipur and Bikaner by train. The nearest airport is Jaipur international airport. Direct buses run from Delhi and Jaipur to Shekhawati.
- Best Time to Visit Shekhawati - It is a year-round destination, but the best season to visit Shekhawati is winter, October - March. The weather is comfortable and ideal for sightseeing.
Now that you know the best tourist attractions in Rajasthan, it’s time to book a Rajasthan tour package with Indian Holiday. We offer tailor-made tours to Rajasthan catered to your liking. So don’t wait any longer and contact us today!