Ravangla in Sikkim is one of the best offbeat destinations that define the natural charm perfectly. Apart from its serene and clean environment, Ravangla is also home to several exotic fauna and flora. People have been planning trips to Ravangla with family, friends, and their loved ones. A place that allows people to shed the usual lifestyle and embrace India's diverse culture and nature. The magnificent Kunchunjenga at the backdrop of this town makes things even better. Ravangla tourism allows you to admire the beautiful landscapes in a peaceful and pleasant atmosphere.
Ravangla boasts a plethora of beautiful attractions, mesmerizing sights to go on a sightseeing spree to, and many adventure activities to enjoy during the stay. Visiting temples, trekking up to the summit, and meditating in the peaceful environment of the monasteries are some of the best things to do in Ravangla.
So, visit here and unwind yourself to the unfathomable natural beauty that will make you blink twice. So, if you are planning on visiting this picturesque hill station, here is a complete Ravangla travel guide that will help you know the important things about the place and people.
Why is Ravangla Worth Visiting?
Wanting to know why Ravangla is worth visiting? Meandering roads adorned with alpine greenery and majestic snowclad mountains staring at you from a distance. If this is not enough, Ravangla is worth more than what people think about the place. It has some serene attractions that people can enjoy to rejuvenate themselves, and it has some lovely places where people can enjoy much more than just sightseeing. So, you can plan a trip to Ravangla without a doubt because it is a complete package serving people for a long time now.
Places to visit in Ravangla
Perched at 7000 ft., Ravangla is a mesmerizing and picturesque hill station. Due to the natural attractions and adrenaline-rushing activities, the town has actively lured many avid travelers. Here are the best places to visit in Ravangla.
- Buddha Park
- Palchen Choeling Monastery
- Yungdrung Kundrakling
- Old Ralang Gompa
- Temi Tea Estate
- Bon Monastery
- Village Borong
- Ralang Monastery
- Doling Gompa
Things to do in Ravangla
If you are under the impression that Ravangla is a destination for nature lovers, couples, and families, you must consider thinking twice. There are a lot of indulging and heart-pumping activities that drive seasoned adventurers to this destination. However, this town has something for everyone, from birdwatchers to people on short trips. Here are some of the best things to do in Ravangla.
- Enjoying their time at the Buddha Park
- Visiting different temples
- Hiking to the Rayong Sunrise point
- Sitting at the monasteries to enjoy the peace.
- Trekking to Maenam Hills
- Enjoying the rough trails of Village Borong & Kewzing.
- Enjoy the aromatic environment in the Temi Tea Estate
- Halt and take a dip in the Ralong Hot Springs
- Bird watching at Rayong Sunrise View Point
Situated on the foothills of Kanchenjunga, Ravangla is a quaint town that is ideal for every kind of tourist. Be it a couple on honeymoon or simply a group of enthusiastic adventure friends, Ravangla is a place ideal for everyone. It has equal shares of adventure activities and a plethora of sights offering awe-inspiring natural beauty.
Best Time to Visit Ravangla
The best time to visit Ravangla is between March and May and between September and December. Both these times, the climate is suitable for people to explore. Most of the places are open during these months, and people can easily visit them. Apart from exploring the top attractions, travelers can indulge in various adrenaline-rushing activities, and nature is at its best for nature lovers.
How to reach Ravangla
Though Ravangla is connected with the neighboring cities and towns via air, rail, and road, the best way to reach Ravangla is by road. The streets here are well-maintained, and they connect all the major cities and highways. So, if you take the road route, it won't be a problem.
Accommodation in Ravangla
Over time Ravangla has become one of the most visited places of Sikkim, and this has steered the people to make things better for the travelers inside the town. A person can find several accommodation options, from various homestays to guesthouses to hotels. Depending upon the group you are traveling with and your budget, you can choose any available option in this quaint town of Sikkim. Here are some of the best hotels in Ravangla:
- Buddha Retreat
- Wild Flower Retreat
- The Barfung Retreat
- Bon Farmhouse by Vista Rooms
- Cloud’s End retreat & cafe
- Kitsel Homestay
- With time people have started giving rooms in their villas and a few BnB options are also available in the town.
Where to eat in Ravangla
Ravangla is famous for several dishes. Though they are not the inventors of these, they use the ingredients to make them a bit different from others. Here are the best places to eat in Ravangla:
- Taste of Sikkim
- Roots and Shoots
- Alnus Bistro
- Hilltop Rabong
- Lotus Bakery
- Melting Point Restaurant
- Hotel Kabur Restaurant
Shopping in Ravangla
Kheunpheling Carpet Centre is one of the best places to shop in Ravangla for local items. It is a small shopping complex made inside a monastery. People do buy things from here and keep that as a souvenir. But, except for this, you can always go to the local shops in the town to check whether they have something that interests you.
- Ensure that you keep medicines with you because 7000 ft. is the town's altitude. Many people feel problematic here.
- Try to eat from local vendors because the local cuisines and drinks here are delicious.
- People here are very kind and heart-warming but do not try to indulge in activities that would hurt their spiritual or cultural sentiments.
- It is better to refrain from making any trip to Ravangla during monsoons. It receives high rainfall, and it can become a problem for you to explore and enjoy the places to the fullest.
- Even if you visit here during the summers, keep a few woolen clothes in your bag. The temperature at night decreases, and when it showers during the day, the temperature can be lower than you would have expected.
- Carrying a raincoat or umbrella all the time is a must; you never know when the downpour starts.
If you plan your visit to Ravangle, contact our tour experts to book a well-curated Ravangle tour package from Indian Holiday. We make your journey comfortable by adding the option of customization and including meals, stays, sightseeing, and transfer.