From the beach to backwater and mountain to desert, there is an endless list of destinations to visit in India. The great Himalayan range offers some beautiful hill stations such as Shimla and Nainital while the mighty Ganga benefits the holy cities in India like Varanasi and Haridwar. On one hand, the country preserves the best traditional values, on the other hand, there are places like Goa known for party and nightlight. Explore the great heritage of India in the Golden Triangle, go rafting at Rishikesh, relax on the secluded beaches of Andaman or practice yoga amid the Himalayan serenity. There are endless reasons why one should travel to India. As the country is abundant with diverse attractions, it is important to decide which part of its vast land is made for you. Here you can read about what really makes India so special which will help you decide the best tourist place in India based on your expectations.
Goa the party capital of India
The presence of more than 7000 bars and casinos make Goa the party capital and one of the most-visited holiday destinations in India. Sandy beaches, swaying pine, high waves, watersports, and fun-filled nightlife make for a wonderful Goa trip. Being a Portuguese colony till 1966 there are many 17th century Churches and forts in Goa.
Things to Do in Goa
- Relax on the serene beaches in Goa
- Indulge in water sports activites
- visit night clubs
- Explore flea markets
- Best Casinos in Goa to Try Your Luck
- Stroll in the Portuguese colony
Delhi the city of friendly people
The capital of India is home to the people of different ethnicity that make the place extremely vibrant. From Great heritage sites in Delhi such as Red Fort and India Gate to modern shopping malls and recreation parks, the city has everything to be one of the best vacation destinations in India. Mouth-watering street food is the essence of Delhi where a Dhaba or food stall at every corner of the streets offers a blend of international and Indian cuisine making it an amazing place to visit in India.
Things to Do in Delhi
- Visit the heritage sites like Red Fort, Qutub Minar, India gate
- Taste the street food; Explore the Chandi Chowk market and Connaught Place
Kerala the god's own country
What makes Kerala one of the top holiday destinations in India is its immense beauty made of pine-fringed beaches, lush forest filled with rich wildlife, mountain slopes decorated by tea plantations, etc. Sailing through the serene backwater of Kerala on a houseboat brings eternal joy. Also, you can rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul with the authentic Kerala Ayurveda which is a 'not to be missed' part of every Kerala tour.
Things to do in Kerala
- Take a Houseboats tour on Backwaters
- Enjoy seafood and water sports on the beaches
- Take a refreshing Ayurvedic massage
- visit the markets, Tea Gardens, and National Parks.
- Visit Spice Plantations in Kerala
Rajasthan the land of royals
A tour to Rajasthan is really enjoyable and this one of the best destinations for family vacations in India. Experience the amazing blend of royalty, tradition, culture, and history in Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, and other places. Discover the history behind the awe-inspiring palaces and mighty fortresses while savoring traditional art, music, and local cuisine. Also, take a tour of Jaisalmer to visit the exciting sand dunes of the Thar Desert which is one of the best places to visit in January.
Things to Do in Rajasthan
- Explore Forts and palaces
- Enjoy Folk music and Rajasthani cuisine
- Take a Desert Safari at Jaisalmer
Varanasi the city of temples
The auspicious Ganga aartis in Varanasi, the pictures of beautiful Ghats, the cool river breeze filled with the sacred aura can create a memory forever whatever might be your age or gender. Boating in Varanasi brings such an eternal joy that you will feel calm from your inner self.
Things to Do in Varanasi
- Visit Durga Temple, Assi Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Kashi Vishwanath Temple, and Dashashwamedh Ghat
Shimla the queen of hill stations
The timeless beauty of Shimla makes it one of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh. The snow-clad mountains with trekking trails, meadows, and lakes offer the best views while you breathe the freshest Himalayan breeze during your stay at one of the most beautiful holiday destinations in India.
Things to Do in Shimla
- Enjoy the scenic view, trekking, shopping, and adventure sports.
- Visit Kufri
- Visit Mall Road, Chadwick Falls, Jakhu Temple, Scandal Point
Darjeeling the queen of the hills
Once the summer capital of the British officials, Darjeeling is one of the most beautiful places to visit in India. The pleasant weather and tea gardens on the mountain slopes make for a great vacation. Ride on the toy train amid the rolling hills and visit ancient monasteries that make the place one of the best destinations for kids. Also, enjoy shopping and on a clear day, the stunning view of the Khangchendzonga may leave you spellbound.
Things to Do in Darjeeling
- Travel in the toy train
- visit Tiger Hill, Batasia loop, The Japanese Peace Pagoda, and Sandakphu Peak.
Nainital the lake paradise
This beautiful hill station in Uttarakhand is one of the most famous weekend getaways from Delhi. You can spend the whole day boating on the Nainital Lake with the view of the beautiful hill on one side and the busy but calm street on the other side. Also, trek to the Naini Peak or take a cable car ride for a panoramic view of the best tourist place in India. You can also couple your Nainital tour with a wildlife safari at Jim Corbett national park that is located near Nainital.
Things to Do in Nainital
- Walk around Mall Road the heart of Nainital
- Visit Naina Devi temple, Naina Peak, Tiffin Top, Snow View Point
- Visit Naukuchiatal, Bhimtal Lake, Khurpatal Lake, and Eco Cave Gardens.
Andaman the king of coral reefs
Great aqua life and coconut lined secluded beaches are what make Andaman one of the Best places for honeymoon in India. Adventure lovers head to Andaman to explore underwater life while the soft and white sand make a romantic bed for the honeymooners amid absolute serenity making it the best tourist place in India for all types of travelers.
Things to Do in Andaman
- Relax on the beaches
- Enjoy snorkeling, parasailing, undersea walking, scuba diving, and sport fishing
- visit Cellular Jail National Memorial, Radhanagar Beach, Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex in Port Blair,
Rishikesh the gateway to Char Dham
The perfect place to practice yoga amid the Himalayan serenity Rishikesh is also known as the adventure capital of India. Gateway to Chota Char Dham Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath is also home to the dramatic mountains and rivers that make Rishikesh one of the most popular tourist destinations in Uttarakhand tour.
Things to do in Rishikesh
- Visit the Swarg Ashram and practice Yoga.
- Enjoy Bungee jumping, river rafting, and cliff jumping
Jim Corbett home to the Royal Bengal Tigers
One of the best wildlife destinations in India Jim Corbett national park is famous for tiger safari. Luxurious forest resorts offer the most comfortable wildlife safari in India while you interact with nature's wildest population.
Things to Do in Jim Corbett
- Visit Garjiya Devi Temple
- Explore Jim Corbett Museum, Corbett Falls, Ramganga Dam, and more.
Ladakh the land of Mystic Lamas
Every traveler's dream destination Ladakh is boundless in beauty and excitement. There are breathtaking views, Buddhist culture, Gompas, Lamas, etc that make Ladakh one of the most famous Holiday Destinations in India. While exciting mountain passes, Monasteries , beautiful waterfalls and streams at every turn of the mountains make a great opportunity for camping in Ladakh. Take a look at Ladakh tour packages.
Things to Do in Ladakh
- Visit Leh Palace, Nubra Valley, Magnetic Hill
- Explore Pangong Lake, Shanti Stupa
- Go trekking to Zanskar Valley
- Take a bike ride at Khardung-La Pass.