Sprawling over four acres of land, Radha Rasbihariji Temple, which is commonly known as ISKCON temple is one of the most beautiful temples of Mumbai. Located near the beautiful Juhu beach, ISKCON temple is one of the most popular attractions of Mumbai city. Dedicated to Radha-Krishna and the eight companions of Radha, the temple dates back to 1978.
As soon as you enter the temple, melodious chants of Hare Rama, Hare Krishna-the supreme mantra surround your soul and take you to a complete different world of peace. At the temple, you will find devotees of Radha Krishna chanting the supreme mantra and swaying their arms up in the air. These devotees soak in the holy rhythm of god and feel spiritually connected to Radha Krishna.
The architecture of the temple is spectacular. Both the interiors and exteriors of the temple feature beautiful murals and sculptures. The central prayer hall of the temple has paintings portraying the incidents from the life of Lord Krishna. Every evening, the prayer hall the temple witnesses devotees praying to Lord Krishna with immense faith.
- Special programs are organized in the temple for the spiritual, cultural, and educational enlightenment of the individuals. Also, special workshops, seminars and lectures are organized to contribute towards the development of the society.
- Center of Vedic Education in the temple offers special courses which are based on the teachings of the Bhagwat Gita.
- The library of the temple has a wide collection of spiritual books and recorded lectures where visitors can spend some quality time.
- There is a guest house within the temple where visitors can stay if they wish to.
- Govinda’s restaurant is the star attraction of the temple which serves pure vegetarian meals from different cuisines like Indian, Chinese, Italian and Thai.
- Visitors can shop for religious books, VCDs and DVDs, puja items, from the Spiritual Boutique at the temple.