Bestowed with spellbinding views and a scenic backdrop, Lachen Monastery in Sikkim is one of the major tourist attractions you must visit on your trip. Unfold the beauty of Lachen Monastery and spend time in peaceful surroundings. Feel the bliss and seek inner peace while at this monastery in Sikkim.
Lachen Monastery is a Nyingma Buddhist monastery near Lachen in North Sikkim. Built in 1858 AD by the Nyingma sect of Tibetan Buddhism, Lachen Monastery in Sikkim is ornamented with colorful prayer flags and prayer wheels. It has a grand entrance, which is a beautiful sight to behold. The walls are decorated and the spacious area of the monastery proves that it has been designed comprehensively. On your visit to Lachen Monastery, do not miss the statue of Guru Padmasambhava.
For a spiritual experience, visit Lachen Monastery. Witness the intricate golden and red painted walls that lure a large number of tourists from all over the world. Not just spiritually, but you can also see various historical artifacts here. Keep reading to find out more information about Lachen Monastery. Also, you can book Lachen tour packages to explore the popular attractions of the scenic hill town. Contact us for more information and to book a tour with us!
Here are the details you need for Lachen Monastery
Timings of Lachen Monastery
You can visit Lachen Monastery anytime between 7 am to 5 pm.
Best time to visit Lachen Monastery
March to June is the best time to visit Lachen Monastery. The weather is pleasant and you can enjoy the beautiful views in peace.
How to reach Lachen Monastery
Here are the different ways to reach Lachen Monastery -
- By road - There are public and private transport like buses, cars, taxis, and cabs available in Sikkim to reach the monastery. From Gangtok, you can visit Lachen, which is approx. 114 km and visit Lachen Monastery.
- By air - Take a flight to Bagdogra Airport and reach Gangtok. The distance between the airport and Gangtok is approx. 123 km. From there, take a bus or cab to Lachen.
- By train - New Jalpaiguri is the nearest station to Gangtok and is located at around 120 km. Buses, cabs, and taxis can be hired to visit Lachen Monastery from Gangtok.
Tips to remember at Lachen Monastery
Here are some tips you must remember while at Lachen Monastery for a pleasant experience -
- Always ask for permission before taking photographs.
- Respect the culture and customs of the monastery.
- For more details about the place, you can hire a travel guide and cover the nearby places as well.
- Take your shoes off before entering.
- Wear appropriate clothes for visiting the monastery.
- Keep your mobile phone on silent.