If you have enthusiasm and adventure on your mind, then paragliding in Sikkim can be an exceptional opportunity. Paragliding in Sikkim is becoming a more popular adventure sport. The adrenalin rush to soar the skies is a memorable experience. A paraglider has a cushioned seat attached to a wing-type cloth. It is woven around the helping frame in such a way that the space between the two layers of fabrics is inflated naturally. The support comes with brakes and acceleration control levers to allow easy steering of the flight. Once the paraglider is launched into the air, you can experience the excitement of flying.
Enjoy views of the magnificent Himalayan range in its snow-covered glory from the sky as you fly like a bird. Gangtok, the capital city offers a thrilling adventure sport. There are numerous tour operators offering deals for paragliding. Sikkim has some excellent launching ridges and sites. It will create some of the best paragliding experiences in the country.
No experience or training is required to enjoy paragliding in Sikkim. Paragliding operators here offer Tandem Flights. It means that an experienced and certified pilot will accompany you. Both pilot and the passenger sit safely and comfortably in a harness that is attached to the paraglider. The pilot navigates the flight. So after an easy take-off, you are left to enjoy the flight and the breathtaking views. However, paragliding needs you to be physically fit and within normal weight limits (90 kg). While the pilot does the job of navigation, you will need to participate in taking off and landing.
Best Places for Paragliding: Tashi View Point, Pangthang, Bojoghari village
Best Time for Paragliding: September to November
Type of Paragliding
There are two types of paragliding flights available for adventure enthusiasts, and both are offered with Tandem Flights, accompanied by a certified pilot. Scroll down to know more about the two types of paragliding.
1. The Medium Fly:
The first type of Paragliding flight is known as Medium Fly. As the name suggests, you will fly at a medium altitude of about 1300- 1400 meters. The flying time is 5-10 minutes.
2. The High Fly:
The second type of paragliding flight is called the High Fly. In this type of paragliding, you will fly at a higher altitude. The take-off location altitude will be about 2,200 meters. The total flying time in the high fly is 20-30 minutes.
Reasons to Enjoy Paragliding in Sikkim
- Flying high in the air and enjoying the aerial views of the Himalayas and soaring high.
- Encounter the beautiful city views of Gangtok.
- Feel the freshness of the air.
- Overcome your fear.
- Experience the best adventure sport ever.
Tips for paragliding: Paraglide In Sikkim
- Be sure that you are physically fit before paragliding.
- Measure your body weight not exceeding more than 90 kg.
- An empty stomach is good before paragliding.
- Wear a good quality helmet and gloves.
- Wear comfortable shoes and tight-fitting sports outfits.
- Properly check the equipment such as the parachute and the harness.
- Make sure that the harness is correctly adjusted.
- Carefully listen to the expert’s instructions.
- Always maintain a good relationship with experienced paragliders.
- Make sure to keep enough elevation while landing.
- Fair climate plays an essential role to perform this activity.