What is the best time to visit Navegaon National Park?
Navegaon National Park can be visited all year round, because of its constantly pleasant weather. Recommended time to visit is during April and May.
What are the opening and closing timing of Navegaon National Park?
Navegaon National Park is open after the sunrise and before the sunset. (6:30 Am to 6:00 Pm)
What is Navegaon National Park known for?
Navegaon National Park apart from being known for its abundant wildlife and enthralling Jungle Safari has a spectacular panorama. There is boating activity in a lake which is surrounded by lush green mountains. Other unique experience of this Park is that tourists can stay on houses atop the trees.
When was this National Park established?
Navegaon National Park was established in 1975. Navegaon National Park is located in district Gondia (Maharashtra)
What species of flora and fauna can be witnessed inside the National Park?
- Birds: 209 species of birds
- Reptiles: 9 species of reptiles
- Mammals: 26 species of mammals
Are there any other attractions in and around the National Park? These are the attractions near Navegaon National Park
- Tibetan Camp in Gothagaon- This Tibetan camp is at a distance of 125 Km from the park. You can get acquainted with the vibrant Tibetan culture; the camp has beautiful monasteries and temples.
- Itiadoh Dam: This earth-filled dam merges into the landscape to weave a cherishing panorama.
- Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary: Yet another wildlife retreat for the lovers of adventure at a distance of 69Km from Navegaon Wildlife Sanctuary.
Can you tell me where I can stay while visiting Navegaon National Park?
There are official lodges by the authorities of the forest, for the tourists. You can choose from; holiday homes rest house, log hut rest house, sanjay kuti rest house, youth hostel and tents.
Any last minute tips before I visit Navegaon National Park?
Here are some useful tips for you:
- Opt for jeep safari, as it is safe and convenient.
- Don’t tease any wild animal or bird; not only it is a punishable offence but it could put your life and safety in danger.
- Sharp objects are restricted inside the Park.
- There are minor formalities in the entry gate for safety concerns. Try to reach a bit early than the safari starts.
- Having alcohol or non-veg food is not recommended inside the park.
- Try wearing earth-toned shades, so that you are not easily noticed by the animals.
- Make sure you have enough battery in your camera, because there will be unavailability of charging points inside the park.