- Best Time To Visit: June - October
- Temperature: Summer 13°C to 27°C; Winter 7°C to 20°C
- Opening Timing: 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
- For Additional Each Day: INR 50 (Indian) and INR 250 (Foreigner &Non-Professional): Free for both Indian and Foreigner
- Movie/Video (Non Professional): Free for both Indian and Foreignero Movie/Video (Professional): INR 500 (Indian) and INR 1500 (Foreigner)
- Documentary Film Per Day: INR 10000 (Indian) and INR 30000 (Foreigner)
- Feature Film Per Day: INR 100000 (Indian) and INR 200000 (Foreigner)
- Documentary Film Per Day: INR 50000 (Indian) and INR 100000 (Foreigner)
The Valley of Flowers is best known for its meadows of alpine flowers. In addition to this, the natural beauty of the region also captivates the mind and heart of the visitors.
*Please Note, if you enter the valley at 7 am in the morning; try to trek back by 2 pm.
Where is Valley of Flowers located?
Valley of Flowers is located close to Badrinath in Chamoli district, Garhwal region of Uttarakhand state in India. The national park nestles at an altitude of 11000 ft to 14000 ft above sea level in western Himalayas. Some of the major distances are:
- New Delhi- 500 km
What are the charges inside Valley of Flowers ?
What species of flora and fauna can be witnessed inside Valley of Flowers ?
- Mammals: Red Fox, Himalayan Musk Deer, Flying Squirrel, Himalayan Thar, Grey Langur, Brown Bear, Himalayan Black Bear, Blue Sheep, Himalayan Yellow-Throated Marten, Leopard, Himalayan Weasel, Indian Chevrotain, Himalayan Goral, etc.
- Birds: Koklass Pheasant, Scaly-Bellied Woodpeckers, Lammergeier, Yellow-Nape Woodpeckers, Yellow Billed Choughs, Bluethroated Barbets, Himalayan Vulture, Snow Pigeon, Red Billed Choughs, Spotted Dove, Himalayan Monal Pheasant, Great Barbets, etc.
- Reptiles: Himalayan Pit Viper, High Altitude Lizard, Himalayan Ground Skink, etc.
- Flora:Megacarpaea Polyandra, Podophyllum Haxandrum, Arnebia Benthamii, Polygonum Polystachium, Aconitum Heterophyllum, Taxus Wallichiana, A. Falconeri, Picrorhiza Kurrooa, Dactylorhiza Hatagirea, Poppies, Gymnadenia Orchides, Marigold, Primulas, Orchids, Anemones, Daisies, etc.
Are there any other attractions in and around Valley of Flowers?
- Nanda Devi National Park: The national park is spread over a vast area and the rich flora and fauna makes it a must-visit travel attraction for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts.
- Hemkund Sahib: The Sikh pilgrimage, Hemkund Sahib, is one of the significant attractions close to the Valley of Flowers. Near Gurudwara, there also is the Hamkund Lake. The hilly backdrop provides scintillating scenery for the visitors. Moreover, Lakshman Temple is also one of the major attractions, located near the Gurudwara
- Trekking: To reach the valley, the trek begins from Govind Ghat. The crisscross trails are adorned with beautiful fields and shrubbery. Pulna, after a trek of 3 km, is a small halt. From here, the trek is praised for featuring beautiful streams, gushing cascade and snowy peak
Can you tell me where I can stay while visiting Valley of Flowers ?
Wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers can be sure of proper accommodation facility as there are various wildlife resorts and hotels available in and around the Valley of Flowers. These resorts and hotels are equipped with modern-day amenities and excellent dining facility to meet the satisfaction level of the guests. The rooms are also provided with facilities and services to add to the comfort of the guests. The on-site dining facility also facilitates the guests to enjoy local and international culinary delights. Moreover, to meet the preferences of the guests, there are resorts and hotels available in different category, ranging from luxury to budget. Some of the popular resorts are Sarovar Portico and Narayan Palace.
Any last minute tips before I visit Valley of Flowers ?
Few tips to follow:
- A forest guide has to accompany to get the permit for private vehicles.
- Any sharp object or weapon is restricted inside the park.
- Teasing, harming or hurting wildlife or fauna species in the park is strictly restricted.
- Patience is required while traversing in forest.
- Keep your clothing light and comfortable. Do not were loud colors as some animals find bright colors as sign of danger and run away.
- Do not miss to carry your camera along as you will get numerous perfect pictures to keep them in your collection as a lifetime memory.