Cycling in Rajasthan is a thrilling and intimate way of exploring the delights of the state. The undulating topography of the desert state makes this adventure sport all the more exhilarating. Pass through the Aravali hills, historic by lanes, glorious architecture and others, cycling is one of the most cherished experiences in Rajasthan.
It is not once city or region, the entire spread of Rajasthan has come to be recognized as one of the best places to go for cycling tours. Not just the vibrant cities, their ancient vibe or the beautiful attractions, the real charm lies is the rustic countryside.
Best places to go for cycling tours
Rajasthan has well-laid roads that cyclist can easily embark upon. On making a list of the best places to go for cycling tours, we have:
- Udaipur- The City of Lakes has amazing trails
- Udaipur to Kumbhalgarh
- Udaipur to Ranakpur
- Jaipur- Pink City has interesting routes to Amer, and the city itself.
- Bishnoi Village
- Jaipur- Sariska national park
- Sariska- Bharatpur wildlife sanctuary
- Udaipur-Kumbhalgarh-Mount Abu
- Shekhawati (Sikar-Jhunjhunu-Churu)
Tips for planning a cycling tour in Rajasthan
Although cycling in Rajasthan can be counted among the best experiences of adventure in India, it must be cautiously proceeded with. The desert landscape of the state is a challenge for cyclists.
- Keep in mind the climate and the time of the day. Winter is the best season to embark on the expedition. Even in the winter, early in the mornings is idyllic. The sun turns harsh in the day time, lowering temperatures in the evening which gets too dark to enjoy the sights while cycling.
- Rajasthan has well-laid road and tracks for cycling. If you would want to experience the rustic charm, it is best to go for guided cycling tours to offbeat locales.