If you want to see a multi-coloured fall cascading from over 1500 m, which is something you do not get to witness every day, visit Keezharkuthu Falls in Munnar. Also known as Rainbow Falls, this waterfall is enveloped by verdant greenery, clear skies with rainbows and will surely take your breath away.
This is one of the major attractions for avid photographers as this spot offers some breathtakingly beautiful sights to capture. For an inexplicable experience, you cannot miss this tourist spot in Munnar.
It is also believed that the contiguous forests are endowed with medicinal plants and herbs, which are used by the tribal people for ages. Apart from this, there are various activities at Keezharkuthu Falls that makes it even more appealing. So, on your visit, do indulge yourself in activities such as rock climbing, camping, trekking, and mountaineering.
Things to do at Keezharkuthu Falls:
- Indulge in various activities like rock climbing and trekking.
- Stay the night at a camp near the fall.
- Plan a relaxing picnic with your loved ones.
Treat your eyes to the beautiful rainbows.
Best time to visit: During Monsoon
How to reach there:
Distance from Cochin International Airport: 79 km (approx.)
Distance from Cochin Harbour Terminus: 87 km (approx.)
Here are some of the places to visit near Keezharkuthu Falls -
- Thommankuthu waterfall
- Kalvari Mount
- Ramakkalmedu Peak
Things to know before visiting Keezharkuthu Falls:
- Visit the falls during the monsoon as you can see the lush greenery and enjoy the calming sounds of rain.
- Wear light clothes and carry a light woollen in case it gets a bit cold.