Settled around 20 km from scenic Munnar, Kundala Lake is one of the amazing tourist spots in Kundala town. This lake is situated at an altitude of 1700 m from sea level and is a must-stopover en route to Munnar. A visit to Kundala Lake Munnar is one of the most delightful experiences. This lake offers a plethora of natural gems and a beautiful view of sunlight dancing on the water's surface.
Also, you can see spectacular views and surrounding scenery by riding on a pedal boat, a Kashmiri shikara, and a row boat across the lake. Historical Kundala Dam is one of the major tourist attractions near this lake. Apart from it, you can find cherry blossom flowers, which make the landscape more captivating. Kundala Lake in Munnar is undoubtedly an attraction that offers a matchless holiday experience.
Essential Information about Kundala Lake
- Kundala Lake Location: Kundala Dam Lake, Top Station, Munnar, Kerala, India
- Visit Duration: 1-2 hours
- Entry Fee: No entry fees
Kundala Lake Entry Fee and Timings
Walking along Kundala Lake, taking photos, or enjoying a picnic is free. However, boating in Kundala Lake is chargeable. Kundala Lake boat timing for an entry is from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Note: Entry of boat ends by 4: 30 pm
Ticket Price for Kundala Lake Boating
- INR 100 for Pedal Boat for 3 persons
- INR 150 for Row Boat for 4 persons
- INR 200 for Shikara Boat for 2 persons
Best Time to Visit Kundala Lake Munnar
The pristine natural settings and pleasant climate of Kundala Lake attract visitors throughout the year. However, the monsoon season, which starts in June and ends in September, is considered the best time to visit Kundala lake. The region is covered in greenery during this time, and flowers are dotted across the landscape. In short, the monsoon is the ideal time to plan your visit to Kundala Lake in Munnar.
Things to do at Kundala Lake
Kundala Lake offers a wide variety of fun activities that will make your vacation remarkable. The list of best things to do at Kundala Lake is listed below.
- Boating: Kundala Lake Munnar is well renowned for boating, and tea plantations and green hills in the backdrop make this experience beautiful.
- Horse Riding: On the banks of Kundala Lake, you can enjoy horse riding around the Dam.
- Photography: Kundala Dam is a standing stall that allows you to capture the scenic view. The colorful boats in the lake and dense forest around the region make this place ideal for photography.
How to Reach Kundala Lake Munnar
Kundala Lake is situated on the Munnar Top Station Highway, which is around 20 km away from Munnar. Rental cars and taxis are ideal for reaching this lake from Munnar. Ernakulam and Kottayam Railway Junctions are the nearest railway stations, which are well connected with major destinations of the country. Munnar bus stop is around 10 km away from this lake, which serves regular bus services to reach the lake.
Places to Visit Near Kundala Lake Munnar
A visit to Kundala Lake gives you plenty of chances to reconnect with nature. However, you can also explore the other attractions sites along with this lake. We have listed some of the best places to visit near Kundala Lake that you must add to your bucket list.
- Mattupetty Dam and Mattupetty Indo-Swiss Farm
- Floriculture Center
Things to keep in mind before visiting Kundala Lake
- Do not forget to carry your camera to capture nature's best sights.
- Try to visit Kundala lake before sunrise as you can witness the mist.
- Keep some woolen clothes as it is a hilly region.
- Plan your activities before visiting to enjoy the trouble-free traveling experience.