Jungle Safari is one of the best ways to experience the wilderness of this Sanctuary. While enjoying Jungle Safari in Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary, you can spot critically endangered oriental white-backed vultures, eagles, and the Nilgiri wood pigeon. But the presence of Indian Bison in Kabini excites many.
A tour of Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary is liable to provide countless opportunities to spot Cheetal, Panther, Leopard, Sambhar, Spotted deer. Apart from that you can also behold more than 250 species of birds. It consists of the south-eastern part of Nagarhole National Park and spreads its wilderness in a 55 acres area. One picturesque lake surrounded by striking landscapes is one of the best features of Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary.
Facts about Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary:
Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary was once the hunting grounds for the maharaja of Mysore.
Types of Safaris at Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary
- Jungle Safari: Take place between 5:30 Am and 7:00 PM.
- Elephant Safari: 6:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Boat Safari: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Best Time to visit Kabini Willdife Sanctuary
The suitable time to visit the sanctuary is between October and May. You should avoid the visit from June to September because, during this period, the sanctuary receives heavy rainfall.
There are several lodges, guest houses, and resorts that are fully packed with modern facilities. With nearby staying options, you will experience excellent and comfortable facilities that make your stay a pleasant one. Here is the list of some best accommodation options near Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The Serai Resorts
- Kabini River Lodge
- Kaav Safari Resort
- Waterwoods Lodge
Tips for Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary
- You must have safari voucher to enjoy the Safari
- It is necessary to hand over the ID proofs and voucher at the gate
- You should go with earth colours like green, brown, and beige.
- Keep a proper bag to protect your camera from sudden rains and dust
- Keep your water bottle with you during the safari
- You should avoid bright color clothes while going for a safari
- You must not use strong Deo and body perfumes while going for safari.
Some Don’t of Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary
- Smoking and drinking is not allowed in the park
- Do not litter while enjoying the safari.
- Do not feed the animals of the jungle
- Getting off from the vehicle is not allowed