Jungle Safari in Pench
Pench National Park is situated in Seoni and Chhindwara district of Madhya Pradesh. This is among the most popular national parks in India owing to its wildlife diversity. Jungle Safari is the best way to explore Pench and spot some of the exotic species of wildlife in their natural habitat. There are numerous types of jungle safari in Pench National Park that make the wildlife experience memorable including jeep safari, elephant safari, night safari, and canter safari. Take a look at the detailed information about jungle safari in Pench National Park.
Jeep Safari in Pench
Jeep Safari in Pench National Park is the most comfortable and popular jungle safari among tourists. They can explore the region in the open jeeps that are available for morning and evening trips. During the safari tour, you will be guided by the trained guide. You can explore different safari zones in Pench. It is advisable to book tickets in advance as time slots and seats are limited.
Pench Morning Jeep Safari Time: 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM (Visitors entry permitted till 8:00 AM)
Pench Afternoon Jeep Safari Time: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (Visitors entry permitted till 4:30 PM)
Elephant safari is a perfect way to spot wildlife species in a better way as elephants can reach the place where jeeps and canters cannot travel. They allow tourists to explore the less explored region of the national park. The short elephant ride is one hour and the long ride is of half day duration, which is costly. The elephant safari in Pench National Park can be arranged on request by the forest officials.
Night Safari in Pench National Park is popularly known as Wolf Safari as wolves are among the frequently spotted animals on this safari tour. Besides wolves, you can also spot nocturnal birds, spotted deers, nilgai, and jackals during night safari. The night safari is only conducted in the buffer zone of Pench National Park, that is Khawasa zone or Wolf Sanctuary, Rukhad zone, and Teliya zone. Stargazing is also a popular activity in Pench, which can be enjoyed during night safari.
Pench Night Safari Time: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Canter Safari is allowed in the Pench National Park of Maharashtra region. In the Sillari zone, you can enjoy canter safari, which is an open bus safari that allows 20 tourists to enjoy the exploration tour of the national park at a time. Jeep safari and canter safari follow the same route and same timings for the trip. The canter safari booking can be done online and tickets are also available at the gate.
Pench Morning Canter Safari Time: 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Pench Afternoon Canter Safari Time: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
This is a popular recreational activity in Pench National Park. Cycle safari in Pench is allowed in the buffer zone of the national park. This is a perfect way of travelling and exploring the national park for those who know how to ride a bicycle. The cycle safari involves anywhere from an hour to three hours of exploration. Rukhad zone of the most famous place for cycle safari where you can spot gaurs, tigers, leopards, and bears.
|Potter Village||25 km||Hotel||Hotel||River, lake, and pottery village|
|Kohka Lake||10 km||Hotel||Hotel||River and lake|
|Bandra Khursapar Gate||30 km||Hotel||Hotel||Forest, river, and lake|
|Sakata Forest||45 km||Kurai Village||Kurai Village||Tiger corridor and forest|
|Bawanthadi Backwaters||35 km||Manegaon Tek||Deolapar||Dongartal Fort, Bawanthadi, backwaters, and bird watching|
Pench Online Safari Booking Rates
There are different gates for jungle safari in Pench National and there are limited vehicles allowed from each gate. From Turia Gate, only 34 vehicles are permitted in the morning as well as in the evening. Besides this, 40 vehicles are allowed from Sillari gate and 30 vehicles can enter from Khursapar gate in two shifts.
|Entry Gate||Safari Shift||Safari Duration||Safari Charges|
|Turia Zone||Morning Safari||4 hours||INR 9000|
|Karmajhiri Zone||Evening Safari||4 hours||INR 9000|
|Wolf Sanctuary||Night Safari||3 hours||INR 9000|
Booking of Jungle Safari in Pench National Park
- The online tickets for safari rides can be booked 120 days before the scheduled date of visiting the national park.
- Tourists are required to mention the original ID details and it is mandatory to carry that ID with you while travelling. Tourists can give the details of original ID cards like driving licence, voter ID card, passport, and Aadhar card.
- In case of any discrepancy in information, the booking will be considered invalid.
- Foreign tourists can also book tickets through an online portal and have to carry the same Id proof during their safari ride.
- The cost of a single Jeep safari is INR 9000 and one jeep will accompany six people. For foreigners in the vehicle, an extra charge of Rs 1000 is charged for every vehicle only for Khusapur and Sillari gates.
- The tickets comprise entire details including the timings, about the safaris, about the gate numbers, and about the do’s and don’ts.
- During jungle safari in Pench national park, tourists are required to follow rules and regulations issued by the Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh government.
- Tourists have to pay 100% of the booking amount of the jungle safari in advance.
- It is advisable to book safari rides in advance as the safari vehicles are limited.
- Tourists must choose the safari ride for both the states to enjoy the thrilling experience of this national park at their fullest.
- The rates of the jungle safari vary for different types of rides and safari zones. Tourists can book two safaris as well and different types of safaris.