Adventure Sports in Goa are among the most favored activities of tourists visiting this veritable beach destination. Adventure sports are an excellent way to break away from the daily grind and enjoy the thrills and seek that adrenaline rush that reinvigorates one's mind, body and soul.]
Goa is home to various attractions that includes beaches, waterfalls, and wildlife sanctuaries where one can indulge in adventure sports activities.
The beaches in Goa are perfect for enjoying an array of water sports activities. One could also select from a range of other adventure sports activities in Goa that includes hiking, trekking or river cruises . Apart from water and land activities, there are plenty of other options for Adventure Sports in Goa like dolphin and crocodile spotting, island trips, heli tours, birding, etc.
Goa has become a hub for adventure activities. If you are an adventure sports buff, then Goa is the perfect destination in India for you. Adventure Sports in Goa beckons adventure lovers to indulge in the extraordinary activities and challenges that they are likely to confront while embarking on such sojourns.
All you need to do is select which adventure sports in Goa you want to indulge in. No special training is required for most of the sports. Even age is not a bar, as you need only a reasonable level of fitness in order to engage in these activities. Equipments, training and instructors are available. And to top it all, you can enjoy adventure sports in Goa at a fraction of what they would cost elsewhere in the world.
Adventure Sports Activities in Goa
Where to Enjoy
|Jet Skiing||Aguada Beach, Colva, Candolim, Calangute Beach, Miramar, Benaulim Beach|
|Wakeboarding||Panjim, Candolim, Mobor beaches, calangute and baga beaches|
|Scuba Diving||Grande Island, Agatti Island, Devagh Island, Pigeon Island, Netrani Islands|
|Snorkeling||Grande Island, Monkey beach, Bat Island and Bogmalo beach|
|Dolphin watching||Candolim and Coco Beach|
|Bungee Jumping||Bicholim, Anjuna, Calangute|
|Rafting||Mandovi River, Tilari River|
Banana Boat Ride
Baga beach, Calangute, Anjuna, Agonda, Candolim, Palolem, Miramar, Vagator
|Parasailing||Anjuna, Calangute, Colva, Dona Paula, Majorda, Bogmalo, Candolim, Vagator|
|Winch Boat Parasailing||Motor Beach|
|Speed Boating||Calangute, Baga, Candolim|
|Kite Surfing||Vagator Beach, Baga Beach and Calangute Beach|
|Surfboarding||Arambol Beach, Baga Beach|
|Yachting||Mandovi River, Mayem Lake, Miramar Beach, Candolim Beach, Palolem Beach|
Indulge in Adventure sports in North and South Goa
Being one of the best adventure sports in Goa, Jet Skiing has gained popularity among thrill-seekers. If you are wondering what makes it more popular, then there is a simple and straight answer. There is no need to be a master of it. You need to understand how to control jet skiing. After that, let the excitement hit you with a cool breeze while riding on water. The jet-powered water scooter has 100-135 horsepower that gives you a high speed that brings an adrenaline rush into your body.
- Where to Enjoy Jet Skiing: Aguada Beach, Colva Beach, Candolim Beach, Calangute Beach, Miramar Beach, Benaulim Beach.
- Things to Carry: Life Jacket, sunglasses, comfy footwear, and sunscreen
- Minimum Age: 10 Years
- Tip: It is better to travel light and wear comfortable clothes. Keep in mind all the instruction that is offered to you by instructors.
This water sport is quite similar to Water Skiing, but the only difference is there is a single board. It requires less focus on balance, and you can enjoy great fun with this adventure activity in Goa. If you love water sports, then Wakeboarding in Goa is a must-try sport for you. Fighting with water and keeping yourself in balance is what defines the fun of Wakeboarding. After getting the control, you can enjoy some tricks and stunts on the water surface that make your adventure more electrifying.
- Where to Enjoy Wakeboarding: Mabor Beach, Candolim Beach, and Rajbaga Beach
- Things to Carry: Sunscreen, sunglasses, waterproof camera, extra clothes
- Tip: To experience it better, you need to keep your arms straight and knees bent. But don’t pack yourself
This kind of fun needs no introduction as Scuba diving is one of the popular water sports in Goa. Scuba Diving is all about witnessing the scintillating underwater life. This underwater adventure allows you to swim with colorful fishes. You will get a chance to be a part of the underwater world and spot turtles, reef sharks, amphibian plants, and shading beds. There is no second thought that it is one of the best water adventures that you can enjoy in Goa.
- Where to Enjoy: Netrani Islands, Grande Islands, St. George Island, Devagh Island, Pigeon Island,
- Requirement of swimming: No
- Tips: Follow the pre-diving instructions properly
If you are looking for the easiest adventure sports in Goa that you can enjoy underwater, Snorkeling is the one for you. With this water sport, you can engulf yourself beneath the underwater world and witness the beauty all around. Beholding beautiful fishes like batfish, angelfish, barracudas, snappers, lionfish makes this water fun more appealing. Without any shadow of difficulty, this water sport activity gives you excitement and soothes your mind.
- Where to Enjoy: Bat Island and Navy Island situated near Bogmalo, Suzy’s Wreck, and Grande Island
- Requirement of swimming: No
- Things to carry: Swimwear and extra clothes
- Tip: Save energy with full-foot fins and find the perfect fit mask for you.
Let the wind hit your hair with the cool breeze of the river while riding on the waves of water. It is the word paint picture that defines the fun of river rafting in Goa. Enjoying water adventure sport in Goa is all about creating unforgettable memories with nature elements. This kind of setting of nature makes it one of the top-rated adventure activities in Goa. You will be surrounded by the beautiful combination of lush vegetation and trees that will be a treat for your eyes.
- Where to enjoy: Mhadei River and Tilari River
- Things to carry: Retainer strap sunglasses, sturdy footwear, and bathing suit
- Tip: Wear a life jacket throughout this water ride and hold the paddle properly.
Banana Boat Riding
It is one of the best activities in Goa that you can enjoy with your friends. This ride of the giant banana-shaped boat on the ocean waves makes every moment delightful. You can witness the different sides around you while enjoying this fun ride. On this banana boat ride, you can get the sun basking experience with a little water dip. You can weave some of the best moments of your life with your friends and family while splashing the water surface.
- The banana boat can carry people: 7 to 10
- Where to enjoy: Palolem, Miramar, Baga, Vagator, Anjuna Calangute, Agonda, Candolim. Things to carry: Caps and swimwear
- Tip: Always wear safety gear and equipment and keep composure when towing the boat.
Kitesurfing is a thrilling adventure sport in Goa that challenges your inner adventurous souls and leaves you amazed. You can enjoy this water sport if you are an experienced person. But if you are not, you should take some lessons first to indulge in this water activity. This kind of surfing gives you a rare experience of fun that you enjoy at every surf through the water.
- Where to enjoy: Baga Beach, Vagator Beach, and Calangute Beach
- Things to carry: Sunglasses, Hat, Sunscreen, waterproof Camera, Extra clothes
- Requirement of swimming: Yes
- Tip: Take some lessons from instructors
Gear up to add fun and enthusiasm with surfboarding in Goa. It gives you absolute pleasure and is known as one of the most adventurous sports in Goa. Surf boarding can be a little bit scary, but simultaneously it is exciting. If you are the one who can leave your fear aside, then get into this water sport and experience a different kind of fun.
- Where to Enjoy: Arambol Beach, Baga Beach
- Requirement of swimming: Yes
- Tip: Choose the surfboard as per your surf level
Best Time for Adventure Sports in Goa
The best time to enjoy Adventure sports in Goa is between October to May. During this time, the pleasant climate is perfectly fit for water adventure. When you are about to try some water activities in Goa, the weather condition is the first thing that you need to keep in mind. There is no shadow of a doubt that as the monsoon recedes by October, the month of November till March is the best time for adventure sports activities in Goa. The fact that there's no precipitation and skies remaining mostly bright and sunny, this period of time offer best opportunity to enjoy both on the water and under water sports activities.