The beaches of Goa are washed by the waters of the Arabian Sea which is a treasure-house of underwater life itself. It is home to a wide variety of marine life like turtles and reef sharks besides fascinating varieties of aquatic plants. Goa, which is the third major diving destination in India, is so popular because scuba diving here is full of surprises.
Not only do you come across an amazing variety of marine life, but also get an opportunity to explore various shipwrecks including Portuguese Galleons and World War II battleships. Its believed that there are reportedly around 1000 shipwrecks off the coast of Goa, so you know the adventures that await you inside those waters.
Which place is best for scuba diving in Goa?
The best place for Scuba diving in Goa are Grand Island, Pigeon Island and Agatti Island. These places provide the best settings for enjoying scuba diving.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Do not eat heavy meal before going for scuba diving
- Do not drink or consume drugs before diving.
- Do not rush while diving.
- Take a deep breath and relax. Also stay focused, it helps to conserve oxygen during dive.
- Always follow the instructions of guide
- Those who are suffering from any health related issue are not advisable to do this activity.
Things to Carry:
- Carry extra pair of clothes to change after diving
- Sunscreen, Towel, Sunglasses and Hat
Things to remember before scuba diving
- Always dive with a partner
- flag to indicate your location
- Always dive when you feel healthy
- Make sure the instructors are around
Necessary equipment for scuba diving
Best time for scuba diving in Goa
The best months for Scuba Diving in Goa is from October to mid-May. During this time, the weather remains warm and dry, which is favorable for scuba diving.