Best time to visit
Satpura National Park, which is located in the Satpura Range of Hoshangabad district in Madhya Pradesh, is open for visitors from 16th October to 30th June. During this time, visitors can enjoy safari rides and boating in Satpura National Park. It is closed for visitors from 1st July till 15th October. Satpura National Park has a total coverage area of about 524 km2.
Opening and closing hours
The Satpura National Park is open from morning 06:30 to 17:00. Visitors can go for safari from 06:30 to 11:00 in the morning, 15:30 to 17:00hrs in the evening and full day safari can be done from 06:30-17:00hrs.
Reasons to visit National Park
- Satpura National Park is unique and is best for safari lovers. The park offers the wildest of all park safaris such as Jeep Safari, Boat Safari, Canoe Safari, Walking Safari and Elephant Safari.
- The national park is well-known for its Leopards, Wild Boars, Wild Dogs, Sloth Bear, Gaur (Indian Bison) which includes the unique White Gaur besides Tigers. Also, there are Sambar, Wild Boar, Nilgai, Chausingha, Chital and many more.
- Most commonly, the Satpura National Park is visited for Bird watching and Marsh Crocodiles. It is known as one of the best places for Bird watching in central India.
- One really cannot miss the lifetime experience which this park offers. You get to explore the tropical jungles very closely and that too, with the nature’s best flora and fauna.
Established in 1981, Satpura National Park is the only park offering a full safari experience in India. It is an amazing place if you wish to enjoy Indian wildlife with different types of safaris. The terrain of the national park is extremely rocky. The place has beautiful deep valleys, waterfalls and thick dense green forest which make nature lovers completely fond of this place. If you wish to explore a wildlife sanctuary which promises you with some peace and tranquility, then Satpura National Park is the place for you. Wildlife lovers can pay a visit here and take back a lifetime experience with them that includes a journey to the peaceful jungles, hilly terrains and beautiful sights.
Satpura National Park is located in Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh State in Central India.
Flora and fauna
Satpura National Park is known for its rich bio-diversity. The Satpura National Park has around 1300 species of plants which include: Teak, Sal, Tendu, Mahua (Indian butter-tree), Bel (stone-apple), Bamboos, Grasses, Bushes, Lantanas.
Apart from the above listed; the park also has some medicinal plants. Coming to the fauna, the park comprises of:
Spotted Dear, Indian Bison(Gaur), Tigers, Leopards, Wild boar, Wild dog (locally called Dholes), Sloth bear, Black buck (unique attraction), Porcupine, Sambhar, Four Horned antelopes (Chowsingha), Smooth otter, Marsh crocodile, Languars, Indian Giant squirrel, Leopards, Gaurs, Wild Dog, Sloth Bear, Attractions nearby.
- Dhupgarh: Dhupgarh is located in Pachmarhi and is the highest point of Madhya Pradesh. It is a popular sunset point.
- Asirgarh fort: The fort is visited by a number of tourists every year for its architecture. The architecture of the fort is an Islamic, Turkish and Persian combination.
There are many budget hotels nearby Satpura National Park which provide a comfortable stay and have all the required facilities. If you wish to get the best experience at stay, you can stay at wildlife lodges and resorts which are near to the Satpura National Park. From here, you can experience the wildlife just a few minutes away. The stay nearby the park promises you with an amazing and exiting experience. All the wildlife resorts, hotels and lodges serve with delicious food and provide the best accommodation.
- The best way through which you can pass through a national park is by jeep safari.
- Make sure that you don’t carry any sharp objects while passing through the park.
- Before you enter the national park, you are asked to fill up some forms and other formalities. So it is best to reach on time to avoid any delays.
- Never ever tease or harm any flora or fauna specie. It is an offence.
- To get the best views while your visit to the national park, make sure that you keep up with patience and pass through the park at a slow pace.
- If you wish to capture those scenic images and fauna, make sure you get fully-charged cameras and take back some great memories.