Pilgrimage to the Char Dham destinations in Uttarakhand is believed to be the holiest yatra one can undertake. The journey through the sacred mountains of the Himalayas is one’s answer to the call of faith. Chardham Helicopter Services are available for the devotees to make the pilgrimage easier and shorter. With Char Dham Yatra by helicopter, pilgrims can cover these four holy sites in 3 to 5 days. Also, for those who cannot undertake the treks in the mountains, this is an easy option as you can get to your revered deities of the ‘Dev Bhoomi’ without any hassle.
- Dehradun to Yamunotri: The helicopter service starts from the Sahastradhara helipad in Dehradun and takes you to the helipad in Kharsali. The temple is a 6-km trek away. You can opt for a pony ride, palki service, or by foot.
- Yamunotri to Gangotri: After darshan at Gangotri Dham and puja rituals, get back to Kharsali helipad. Avail the helicopter service to Harsil. From the helipad, you need to proceed by road to the shrine of Gangotri Dham.
- Gangotri to Kedarnath: From Harsil, avail the helicopter service to Guptkashi. Opt to visit the sacred temples in the Kedarnath, one of the divine pilgrimage sites in Uttarakhand and translates to the meaning of ‘hidden Kashi’ and is believed to be as sanctified as the original Kashi. If you choose to proceed to Kedarnath, then the helicopter will fly from the Phata helipad directly to Lord Shiva's temple, one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India. The temple is just 700m from the helipad.
- Kedarnath to Badrinath: Complete the worship rituals and fly back to Phata and then Guptkashi. From the helipad, get a chopper facility to the Badrinath temple. The ‘divya desam’ is a part of the Chardham circuit in Uttarakhand as well as the large Chardham circuit in India. On completion of the Chardham Yatra, helicopter services are available to get back devotees to the Sahastradhara helipad in Dehradun.
The exclusive tours of Chardham Yatra by helicopter are available to ease the journey of devotees and provide a memorable journey to the divine shrines in Uttarakhand.
Inclusions of Chardham Yatra by Helicopter
- Cost of the helicopter for the Chardham sector from Dehradun.
- Palki and Pony facility at Yamunotri Dham.
- VIP darshan facility in all the 4 Dhams.
- One night stay at Kharsali on twin sharing basis at Yamunotri Cottages.
- Delicious meals.
- Assistance in Darshan at all temples.
- Lavish and comfy 1 Night stay at Dehradun Hotel (one day before departure)
Exclusions of Chardham Yatra by Helicopter
- Any Guide Services
- Personal nature expenses like telephone/laundry bills etc.
- 5% GST Extra
Passenger Guidelines for Chardham Yatra by Helicopter
- Maximum 05/06 Passengers will be allowed in 01 Helicopters.
- Carrying of AADHAR CARD is a must for all Indians, whereas a passport is required in the case of foreign nationals.
- Maximum 5 kg luggage per passenger will be permitted to carry & we shall provide the duffel bag upon arrival at Dehradun. Excess baggage is to be stored at the hotel before proceeding to the helipad, which can be collected later after the completion of the tour.
- All the hotels at Chardham Sector are non-star category, but we provide the best option available & the food served is pure vegetarian. Hotels are subject to sudden changes due to unavoidable circumstances.
- All temples in the Chardham sector are located at high altitudes & passengers are advised to carry their own medication. It becomes cold in the evening at these locations, so passengers are advised to take woolen clothing with them.
- Weighing at the time of boarding the helicopter is a must since the pilot will not allow boarding in case it exceeds the weight conveyed at the time of booking & we reserve the right to shuffle passengers to manage the right weight of helicopters for safe flying in the hills.
- At Badrinath, you would be provided with a VIP darshan slip, whereas our associates shall assist you in all other dhams. Early morning Rudra Abhishek at Kedarnath & Maha Abhishek at Badrinath shall be exclusively arranged for the guests.
- Our company shall not be liable for any medical emergency on the ground to the party, thus advising guests to get a fitness certificate from a doctor to travel to the high altitude sector.
- No or delayed flying is subject to many factors like delayed clearance from the Airforce & Civil aviation, VVIP movements, valley flying by Indian Air Force ( NOTAM), bad weather conditions, sudden development of technical snag in a helicopter, illness of flying crew & delayed positioning of the guests at the helipads.
- Every person beyond 80 Kg shall pay Rs. 100 /- per Kg extra toward Palki at Yamunotri & Rs. 150/- per person for the shuttle from Phata to Kedarnath on a direct payment basis.
- The guests shall bear the expenses towards lodging & boarding in case of overstaying at any Dham due to bad weather conditions or any other unavoidable reasons.
- Any donations, tips, pithu & porter charges shall be borne by the guests only.
- If stuck in a bad weather situation on any particular day out of the 5 days, we shall try to finish two dhams on the next day & maintain the further schedule.
- We shall refund the proportionate money calculated on missed flying time & other services in case guests are unable to visit any of the dham due to bad weather or any reason beyond our control.
- The above is only an offer and not a confirmation of your bookings. We shall proceed with your booking once we receive the payment from you & if we cannot get the original hotels, we shall provide equivalent / alternative hotels.
Cancellation Policy of Chardham Yatra by Helicopter:
If passengers wish to cancel their booking, then they will have to pay the following cancellation charges:
- More than 15 days before the departure date — 35% of the total charter amount
- Between 08th to 15th day before departure date — 60% of total charter amount
- Up to the 07th day before the departure date — No Refund.
Bad weather – Full refund toward the proportionate amount of the unutilized sector(s), minus INR 20,000 toward the flight preparation and ground arrangement.